What Do We Do?
The Coordinator of Student-Athlete Development partners with the Academic and Advising Career Center, Academic Support Services, Office of First Year Experience, SERVE Local, the Office of Residence Life and more to co-create Student Leadership workshops, Career Development workshops, academic support tools, community service and volunteer opportunities, and health and wellness initiatives to educate students on how to make healthy CHOICES.
These initiatives also offer student-athletes the opportunity to connect directly with Academic Support Services and understand specifically what support is available to them.
The Coordinator of Student-Athlete Development is available to meet with any of our student-athletes to discuss potential support services you may be eligible for, set academic goals, and formulate a plan to continuing to improve in the classroom.
Academic Support Program for Student-Athletes
The mission of the Academic Support Program for Student-Athletes (ASPSA) is:
- to support the recruitment, retention and graduation of Johnson State student-athletes;
- to provide a comprehensive support system that affords Johnson State student-athletes equitable opportunity to pursue academic, personal, and professional development resources;
- to complement the College’s goal of developing lifelong learners.
Overview: The athletic department provides three (3) central academic support services:
- Mentors can be within the same team or across teams but shall be the same gender
- The objective for this relationship is to be an extra level of support to assist the mentee with academics, athletics and social aspects of student life.
What is Academic Support Services?